Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Everything happens for a reason...

Well hello there! A great amount of time has gone by since I've last written a blog and I have truly missed it! There have been many times where I will think, oooh I shoud blog tonight but I have yet to come up with something to blog about! But tonight I think I have come up with something and am hopefully go somewhere with it!!


I am a firm believer that God puts certain people in our lives for a certain reason. We don't just become best friends with our best friends out of no where. We don't date certain people just because. God meant it to happen for a reason. The hard part about that is we don't always know the reason or realize what the reason was until later. We may not always benefit from it but sometimes I think it's for the other persons benefit. Which is pretty sweet if you ask me, being put in someone's life specifically to encourage them or help them in some way or to share the good news of Jesus with them! But also for us to learn something from it. People that are placed into our lives aren't always meant to stay there. Which is a tough one for me. I have a hard time letting people go, I get attached very easily. Something I think God is teaching me right now is that He puts people in our lives for us to learn something from them or from the relationship we have with them. You don't always realize what an effect you have on someones life!Maybe they weren't meant to stay in your life forever. Or maybe they were..You just have to live life bringing Glory to God and he will lead you to who you need and where you need to go! So often I think we take people for granted and get so accustomed to having them in our lives we forget to remind them how special they are to us. Try to remember to take a moment of your day to remind someone you care about how much they mean to you :) whether it's a phone call or a sticky note, a short & sweet reminder is all it takes!

Be in God's word daily. Live your life in such a way that is pleasing to God. Tell people about Jesus Christ and share His amazing love. In doing all of these things God will bless you tremendously and you will be truly happy. I find myself seeking happiness from things that will only give me temporary happiness. God's love isn't temporary. It is always and forever. So take the challenge with me and seek true happiness from God! It is almost silly of us not to when we know he is so powerful and capable of all things!


So kinda short tonight but I just wanted to share this while it was fresh on my mind. Hoping to write again very soon!

Short & Sweet,
           Ash :)

3 comments:

  1. What you say is so true, Ashley. We can live each day in joy, knowing that God is leading us as we interact with others. They might only be in our daily lives for a short time. Thank you for posting - I've missed reading your blog. God bless you as you continue to see HIS FACE daily!!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,
    I have missed your blogging. I have you in my reader and check often to see if there is an update. This is such a timely message. A lesson I still find hard to learn and follow even now that I am old/older. I think of people from years ago and sometimes go to great lengths to get in touch with them just to see how they are and to let them know I remember them when perhaps I should just be realising that they were in my life for a time.
    God bless you and strengthen you to keep sharing and I look forward to another blog entry real soon. Love from Australia.

    ReplyDelete